Welcome

Well, here we are. I don't know where 'here' is exactly, but I hope you will join me on the journey to find out... Let me start at the beginning. I'm 26 (actually now 28... so the world turns...), female, and British. That's the first few things you will notice about me if we were to ever meet. But there's a lot going on in this here noggin' of mine (that means head in olde english speak by the way). I am writing this blog for myself really, but you are very welcome to pop in to visit every now and then. I can't promise anything mind-blowing or life changing for you, but it may well make you think, laugh or even explore your own mind. I love to write. I also love to travel, meet people, have adventures and generally get the most out of what life has to offer.

Monday 27 September 2010

And so it begins

As the calendar accelerates its countdown towards to end of the year, the days are getting shorter and my will to live is reducing accordingly. In July the sun was setting at about 7.15pm as I arrived home after a long commute – now we are nearly into October the light has almost completely disappeared by this time. In the morning when I get up at 6.30, it is depressingly dark. So I am preparing myself for six months of misery. Although not quite to the SAD-sufferer’s extent, I am do find winter in the UK a depressing affair. I’m sure I’m not alone. The only thing that makes it bearable is the thought of the rare crisp, cold day with bright blue sky. That and coming into the warm after a long walk in the cold. And the fact that Christmas is nearly here. And endless cups of tea to keep me warm. And skiing holidays. And being able to wear warm, cosy clothes – scarves, hats, gloves, boots… hang on a minute, maybe I like winter after all! It’s just these wet miserable days without end that I object to. In which case I should either a) invest in an umbrella and stop moaning, b) emigrate, or c) get a job with a shorter commute. I’m working on it!

Any suggestions of how to make wet, windy miserable days more bearable are very welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment