Welcome

Well, here we are. I don't know where 'here' is exactly, but I hope you will join me on the journey to find out... Let me start at the beginning. I'm 26 (actually now 28... so the world turns...), female, and British. That's the first few things you will notice about me if we were to ever meet. But there's a lot going on in this here noggin' of mine (that means head in olde english speak by the way). I am writing this blog for myself really, but you are very welcome to pop in to visit every now and then. I can't promise anything mind-blowing or life changing for you, but it may well make you think, laugh or even explore your own mind. I love to write. I also love to travel, meet people, have adventures and generally get the most out of what life has to offer.

Wednesday 13 October 2010

The world works in mysterious ways…

I struggled to wake myself from my dream this morning. It was unusually vivid, featuring a friend from Tanzania who had, in the dream, moved to England. I was surprised at how realistic the dream was. I have never dreamed of him before, and as I distractedly get ready for work, couldn’t shake the feeling that it had to mean something. I checked my diary and was both astounded and yet somehow not surprised to see that one year ago to the day, I had said goodbye to my friend, and to Tanzania. After not having been in touch for months, I was happy if not shocked when I got into work to see that I had received an e-mail from the man himself (on an unrelated topic). It served to remind me that the world does indeed work in mysterious ways – or else maybe it’s just my mind that is weird!

In other news, I am elated to be able to apologise for the pessimistic last post and to report that my Retired Greyhound Trust donation wedding gift went down a storm. Everything is once again right in the world; my friend and his bride are happy to have received a thoughtful gift, my conscience is appeased and the greyhounds are, I’m sure, grateful to be kept in chew toys and fake rabbits for the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment