Welcome

Well, here we are. I don't know where 'here' is exactly, but I hope you will join me on the journey to find out... Let me start at the beginning. I'm 26 (actually now 28... so the world turns...), female, and British. That's the first few things you will notice about me if we were to ever meet. But there's a lot going on in this here noggin' of mine (that means head in olde english speak by the way). I am writing this blog for myself really, but you are very welcome to pop in to visit every now and then. I can't promise anything mind-blowing or life changing for you, but it may well make you think, laugh or even explore your own mind. I love to write. I also love to travel, meet people, have adventures and generally get the most out of what life has to offer.

Monday 23 August 2010

thought for the day

Having recently returned from an 11 month, 11 country, challenging, incredible, outlook-changing, life-affirming, humbling and at times stressful, scary, financially draining but altogether fantastic trip around the world, it is safe to say I have well and truly caught the travel bug. But for this illness there is no cure. No pills, lotions or potions will remove the yearning for distant shores that I feel every day as I battle my way through the crowded train station on the way to work. Last year I spent 6 months in Africa where I fell in love with the people, music, sunsets, animals, scenery, way of life and infectious joy that pervades every sense. I constantly dream of returning. But there’s a whole world out there to explore and it would be foolish of me to be so narrow minded as to focus on only one destination (although saying that I could spend the rest of my life in Africa and not even scratch the surface of this rich and varied continent). So the question currently occupying my thoughts is where to next. The world is my proverbial oyster…

No comments:

Post a Comment